MagsGraphics Products

MagsGraphics' Digital Art is exclusively available for Artisan Software users at FOREVER

Friday, March 21, 2014

Scrapbooking Bible Study - Session 8

Hey Friends!

My friend, Kim, found this graphic and we shared it in Bible Study this week; it matches so well with our study!
The website where it's from has a "JOY DARE" daily devotional that you can join.  
Fits right in with our study. :)

Here are the layouts I created for last week's lesson:
 I'm hoping with continued reminders, my kids (and me!) will remember that it's our choice to seize joy!


This week's lesson is about looking beyond yourself and focusing on building JOY in OTHERS.  We are reminded to "Be Kind.  Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." 
(-Philo of Alexandria).



I shared a scene from my all-time favorite TV show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, (yes, I really did!).  In the episode, "Earshot," Buffy has been infected by a demon to where she can read the thoughts of everyone around her.  In the midst of the cacophony of noise, she hears a plot to kill everyone in the school and is on the hunt to find the culprit.  She discovers the nerdy Jonathan up in the clock tower with a rifle - although it turns out that Jonathan isn't plotting mass murder, he wanted to kill himself.  This is what Buffy tells him:

JONATHAN
Stop saying my name like we're friends.
We're not friends. You all think I'm an
idiot. A short idiot.

BUFFY
I don't.

His hands tighten on the gun. He's getting angry.

BUFFY
I don't think about you much at all.
Most people here don't. Bugs you,
doesn't it? You've got all this pain,
all these feelings and nobody's
paying attention.

JONATHAN
You think I just want attention?

BUFFY
No, I think you're in the bell tower
with a high powered rifle because you
want to blend in. Believe it or not, Jonathan,
I understand. About the pain.

JONATHAN
Oh, right. 'Cause the burden of being
beautiful and athletic, that's a crippler.

BUFFY
I'm sorry, I was wrong. You are an idiot.
This stops him.

BUFFY
My life happens very occasionally to
suck beyond the telling of it. More than
I can stand sometimes. And not just me.
Every single person down there is
ignoring your pain because they're way
too busy with their own. The beautiful
ones, the popular ones, the guys that
pick on you... everyone.
If you could hear what they're feeling - 
the confusion, the loneliness... It looks
quiet down there. It's not. It's deafening.


I wanted to post the video, but those darn copyright laws get in the way... *sigh*

I can, however, show you THIS video that reminds us of the same lesson... Take a look:



Concentrate your layouts on what you can do to build joy in OTHERS.
I can't wait to see them!

A reminder that since our class skips next week for spring break, I won't be posting session 9 until April 3rd.  

:) Mags

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments on my blog are GREATLY appreciated! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :)Mags